Tuesday, May 22, 2012

We're moving on.... new location - Children's Medical Center of Dallas

Ok, days before we moved you to CMC of Dallas, chay (Loreena) told me to consider.  I refused of course because she said that the CMC of Dallas is sort of like the General Hospital of Malaysia.  Ok... when I was 16, I was admitted to the hospital because I fractured my elbow while jumping on a ramp with the rollerblades and I can tell you, it's just not the best experience.  There was no air conditioned, you sleep with tons of people next to you, yes, you can pull the curtains but there was no room, the nurses/ doctors there were not the friendliest people in the world and the food sucks.  Ok, I know hospital food isn't the best out there too but then, this really is bad. 

I didn't want to move my son to that condition and that was the reason why I refused to move him.  Though, on Sunday night, Loreena told me that out of the blue, her old client, Dr Mark Clay sent her a Linked in request to add her as a contact.  That's when she remembered that he is a Pediatric Cardiologist in CMC.  She immediately call him and he said that if we needed to be moved there, he will contact the head of the Neonatologist to be transferred there. 

He was nice enough to even talk to us on the phone and I still remember, he told us.... if you have  Rolls Royce, you wouldn't want to send your car to a Bimmer Service center, you want to send it back to a Rolls Royce service center.  Not that the Bimmer is not a good place but they both specialized in different areas.  Plano Medical Center is good at taking care of premies as that's what they specializes in, where else the CMC specializes in other areas where other hospital do not know what's wrong with the babies and that's exactly our problem. 

After your second major stop breathing episode, I decided that it's time to move on.  I felt really bad because I know that Dr Powell, the nurses in NICU, especially Melinda loves you so much.  If I moved you, I don't want them to feel like as if I didn't have confident in their abilities and they were nice enough to tell me, they know that I am doing the best for you. 

It was pretty quick, I thought that it would take a few days for the transfer but it just took 3-4 hours to transfer.

We managed to take a picture of you, dada and I, just realized we didn't have one.


The paramedics came with all the equipments.  It was so professional.  I've just seen this on TV, never knew that this would happen to me.


Yes, it does look scary but they assured me that you will be alright and you won't feel anything like that.


I was told that you will be on a mobile NICU.  They have the ventilators, oxygen, anything that will be required if anything were to happen during the journey.

That's when we said our Goodbyes to the nurses.


I walked you to the ambulance, through the ER area, I still remember hearing people said... Aww... such a cute little baby, yes you are!






I kept turning back, looking at you, making sure you were not crying as I was not allowed to be at the back with you, I had to sit infront, I just wanted to assure you that you were alright but you seem to love the ride.  This is the first time out of the building,  you have never been outside in your entire life then.


The ride wasn't that bad and long, before we know it, we were there.

They were taking you out of the ambulance.  It was the first time in my life being in the ambulance as well.


This is the beginning of the new scary "unknown" world, little did I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment